Zen Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zen Alliance
Zen Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization

3 posters

Go down

Organization Empty Organization

Post by Rex Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Ok so I've read hundreds of CM's saying how we should go to war but are there any positions established for this kind of situation? I, personally, haven't heard of any kind of military structure since the application. Why don't we assign positions to memebers then? As I see it the positions should be distributed as follows:

Conqerors: Self-explanitory, main focus will be to create powerful fleets for combat and destrcution of enemy planets.

Suppliers: Focus mainly on mining and give all excess resources to Conquerors to build more, and stronger, ships to be more efficient at fighting. This group should really mainly consist of new players seeing as they aren't very strong defensively or offensively.

Turtles: Will focus mainly on building up defensive structres so that others can fleetsave by ACS defending thier planets and they won't be destroyed by attacking fleets because of the sheer power of the said turtle's defensive capabilities. These players must be mainly devoted to building defenses, ships and mining are to take a backseat.

Rex
Rex
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Organization Empty Re: Organization

Post by subsailor Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:26 am

I would be a good turtle, then...500 plasma turrets, 5000 rocket launchers, several hundred each of all other defenses. Uni43, BTW.
subsailor
subsailor
ZEN Leader,”Forum Master”

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.robschumacher.net

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:57 am

I'm pretty sure the suppliers role would be considered pushing. Between that, and the fact that most people won't want to play strictly within their assigned roles (OGame is played mainly for their own enjoyment, after all), this would be pretty difficult to implement.

That said, I don't have any better suggestions.
IMADV8
IMADV8
ZEN Leader, “Forum Master & Diplomat”

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by subsailor Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:01 am

Pushing isn't a problem if it's from higher ranked to lower...I could supply most in the alliance, if needed...
subsailor
subsailor
ZEN Leader,”Forum Master”

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.robschumacher.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:53 am

I never said this to make players strictly play to they're assigned roles, no that would completely destroy the whole point of playing ogame. No what I'm suggesting is to have roles given out and followed so were are ready and organized during times of war.
Rex
Rex
Private
Private

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 am

Are you saying players would only assume their various roles once a war is begun? That should be a lot easier to manage.

The main obstacle I see is that people might be unhappy with their assigned role. So long as some consideration is given to each player's preference when assigning them their role, however, this shouldn't be too difficult to deal with.
IMADV8
IMADV8
ZEN Leader, “Forum Master & Diplomat”

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum