Zen Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zen Alliance
Zen Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm done.

+6
lynisec
gorku
Lord Vader
arekkusu
Unleashed
IMADV8
10 posters

Go down

I'm done. Empty I'm done.

Post by IMADV8 Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:46 am

Due to going to bed without fleetsaving as soon as I got home from work last night, I've just lost nearly every ship I had, and Ring's taken about 6.5 million deut off of me. Between this, losing my RIPs to DontSleep when he doublecrossed me, the complete lack of decent targets with which to rebuild, and the ridiculous amount of time I've been putting into the game lately, I honestly have no remaining desire to continue playing. I'm not sure yet if I'll remain in uni 43. But for uni 38, I'm done.

If anyone would like to have my account, please post here.
It is currently ranked 375th in points, 773rd in fleet, and 7th in research. Two more techs will place it at 3rd in research.
It has eight developed planets with mines at about 18, except on the main world, where they're around 23.
Two worlds have Nanite 4, one has Shipyard 12, and all have Research Labs at 8 or higher, with two at 11 and one at 12.
There are three moons, each with a Jumpgate and Phalanx Sensors at 6, 6, and 7. One moon has 4 million metal, 8 million crystal, and 4 million deut hidden in Jumpgate 2 construction.
Computer and W/A/S techs are all at 13, Espionage and Combustion Drive techs are at 12, Impulse and Hyperspace Drives are at 9, Research Network is at 4, Expedition is at 7, and Graviton is at 1.

It's been good playing with you all. Unfortunately, the game just doesn't hold any enjoyment for me anymore.
IMADV8
IMADV8
ZEN Leader, “Forum Master & Diplomat”

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

I'm done. Empty Re: I'm done.

Post by Unleashed Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:19 pm

sorry to hear this mate, i havent known you that long but you seem like a really nice guy, a committed allaince member and someone who would have been good fun to play (OGame :-P) with.

GL with RL if you do decide to quit altogether

Unleashed
Private
Private

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by arekkusu Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 pm

cmon dude.... u can't frighten up for a simple attack like that... we all lost our fleet once or twice..... u just need to start all over again.... that's what the game is all about... but if that is your decision... i respect it..
arekkusu
arekkusu
Zen Leader

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vader Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:34 pm

That`s the main problem of Raiders/Fleeters . Once they lose their fleet,they`re done...they don`t wanna continue.I lost my fleet more than 20 times in uni 5 and my fleet was very large but still...i did not abandon even if i was the lowest ranked member in my alliance.

Anyways...it was nice to play with you.
Lord Vader
Lord Vader
ZEN “Founder and Supreme Leader”

Number of posts : 2055

http://zenalliance.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:34 pm

I am not, nor do I ever want to be, a fleeter. Out of the approximate 750 ships I lost today, all but 30 were cargo ships or recyclers. It would be a small matter to rebuild them, and in fact I've had to do just that on several previous occasions.

The main problem is that my potential targets have all but disappeared. All that's left are turtles and fleeters. That leaves me with two options:
To become a fleeter so that I can farm the turtles, until someone eventually catches my fleet.
To become a turtle so that I can withstand the fleeters, until someone decides to crack my defenses.
Neither option appeals to me.

Aside from this, I honestly just don't enjoy the game much anymore. It's an unending rat race with no real goal other than rank, in which no matter how well you do, no matter how much time and attention you invest, you're doomed to eventually lose out to someone else and quickly be forgotten. It can still be a lot of fun with the right outlook, but I just can't do that anymore.

I am not leaving simply because my fleet was crashed. I'm leaving because at this stage of the universe's growth, I'm forced to choose between changing to a playstyle which virtually guarantees the eventual loss of everything I build from this point onward, or leaving for greener pastures.
IMADV8
IMADV8

Back to top Go down

Post by arekkusu Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:08 pm

then u're sayin that u'll be quitting in all unis when they get to this state?? i thing u don't seem to get the meaning of ogame.... once a uni gets old... only the strong survive.... if u become a fleeter u must be smart enough to outsmart the others.... my gaming style is simple.... when the uni is young i'm a miner and a merchant.... but when the uni begins to have less than 3000-2000 players.... i become a fleeter.... but with the advantage that i made my mines to a high level and i can become a fleeter in no time.... if u make a mistake and lose yout fleet.... u'll have to start all over again and don't make the same mistake again.... that's the true meaning of the game
arekkusu
arekkusu
Zen Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:41 pm

I don't want to play a constant cat-and-mouse game. I had every opportunity to become a fleeter, and I rejected it for that reason. My entire playstyle was based on minimizing every threat, consolidating everything to reduce all risk as far as possible. I didn't foresee the entire bottom of the food chain quitting out from under me, however.

That said, even if it hadn't, it really has gotten rather boring for me. Short of getting a moon at every planet, I've done everything I ever set out to do.

Last edited by IMADV8 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
IMADV8
IMADV8

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:44 pm

that is a problem even for me. and im an in-betweener... lol!
gorku
gorku
ZEN Leader,”Forum Master”

Number of posts : 1963
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lynisec Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:04 pm

Awwww imad!! im gonna miss you!!!
why dont you offer WOTW your account?.. hahaha
I thought all you did was play this game!!
without you or WOTW im basically next to friendless lol.... Sad
why dont you just go on V-Mode for awhile and take a break?
lynisec
lynisec
Zen Leader

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Kendall would run this account into the ground. I was actually planning on giving you a call and offering it to you.

Maybe v-mode wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd give me time to think it over a bit more.
It'll have to wait, though. I started a week's worth of LL and satellite construction this morning just before Ring's second wave hit, to keep him from getting all the resources.
IMADV8
IMADV8

Back to top Go down

Post by Snipa00 Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:48 pm

what do you mean lynisec, you got me!
I was in DTF if you have forgotten lol
That's too bad IMADV8, it was really good being able to play with you.
Try the whole v-mode idea, itd be a shame to lose a player like you

Snipa00
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:38 am

ok i will say this and leave it at that. like i told madflip take a trip to v-mode and get your life back. then when you feel its time come back. if after you feel its a must then you can leave it to somebody worthy. i may have grav by the time you get back and i wont have to beg for rips...just kidding get back in one piece and dont worry about 43 i can keep the guys busy... lol!

otherwise i may have to start thinking about myself, giving advice is easy doing it myself doesnt do to good...

Last edited by gorku on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:21 am

V-mode it is. We'll see what happens. I've been pretty messed up lately, so maybe I'll start to give a crap about the game once that passes.
IMADV8
IMADV8

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:43 am

just check in once in awhile and pm me and say hi if anything....
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by arekkusu Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:01 am

oh... and me 2
arekkusu
arekkusu
Zen Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:03 pm

Will do.
IMADV8
IMADV8

Back to top Go down

Post by devastator Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:40 pm

i am sad to here that you lost basically all your fleet but its not the end of the world ....

whan i first started this game which was uni 38 and the only 1 i am in...i got crashed every 4-5 days after rebuilds ...by players who were ranked over 700 and i was about 9100 ranked but i stuk with it and here i am and i couldnt of done that without the support of a few people in this alliance and my old alliance(you know who you are and thanks)
just take your vacation and come back fresh..then we can plan some big acs"s and wipe the floor with those turtles (together as 1 we are stronger)

again i am sorry to here what had happened but you will bounce back!!!!

devastator
Private
Private

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lynisec Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:44 am

Smile ill miss you imad!!]
lynisec
lynisec
Zen Leader

Number of posts : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberdog Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:23 am

sorry to hear about your fleet being crashed.

i hope that the v-mode gives you some time to think about all what's going on (ingame or real life) and then you can make your decision.

i really wish that you will continue in uni43, you're a great leader (along with godzilla)!

concerning the game and its development, i partially share some of your thoughts. for me, the game instantly loses its appeal after developing deathstar. if you manage to get some deathstars, you have reached the final frontier. from there on it's only "who got more of the stuff", you're just focusing on quantities rather unlocking new techs.
cyberdog
cyberdog
Officer
Officer

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:54 am

Exactly. Once you get past the lasting achievements, like my original goal of unlocking everything, it can seem rather pointless. Rank, for example. I'm ranked 7th in research, and with a bit of effort could easily be ranked 3rd within a week. But why? To keep that rank, I'd have to continue putting more and more effort into it, always worrying about it. And once someone else inevitably pulled ahead and I lost the rank, what would I have to show for it?

If there's no lasting reward for an achievement, and the process of accomplishing it (a process which must be repeated indefinitely, in the case of ranks) is more stressful than enjoyable, what conceivable reason is there to continually strive for it?

I apologize for the pessimistic tone, but that pretty much sums up why I've gotten so discouraged in regards to the game, lately. All persistent games share this problem, to be honest. It's why MMOs periodically update with new content; if they didn't, many people would have nothing left to accomplish apart from rankings. And most people just don't care about ranks past a certain point.

On a side note, just so everyone is aware, the fleet I lost to Ring wasn't a big deal. It was all cargo ships, next to worthless. Even the resources I lost weren't so bad, even though it was a lot. Discouraging as the fleetcrash was, the main issues are the lack of income, due to all the quitters and turtles, and the feeling of pointlessness I've been ranting about for this entire post. That feeling is likely exaggerated by the problems I've been dealing with in real life lately, so vacation mode would help with that. I still need to figure out some kind of income, however.
IMADV8
IMADV8

Back to top Go down

Post by ogrek Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:55 am

Good luck whatever your final decision.
ogrek
ogrek
Private