Zen Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zen Alliance
Zen Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Post is about ZEN leadership and its changes for the future! in all our chapters

+8
halcyon
LordOfDestruction
talbot
kizzy
IMADV8
gorku
Stardango
Kane
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This Post is about ZEN leadership and its changes for the future! in all our chapters - Page 2 Empty Re: This Post is about ZEN leadership and its changes for the future! in all our chapters

Post by gorku Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 am

OK some of the questions got answered now i will answer my part. you have to understand im not a young kid like some of you but at the same time you can ask some of the others that have been around for awhile i dont mince words just come at you with both barrels blasting and dont take prisoners...

Stardango has been with zen for so long it seems you should understand what he was trying to do... it shows team togetherness when using the message area in game for attacks, acs's and emergency problems... maybe a few df's if there were people online... unlike the bs that happens now like your love life being spread all over... needless to say all other stuff gets thrown to the wayside looking for help and finding out your last grasp at love ended up being another gay drop... here we slam each other and keep it clean but rude where they all belong... even reports on all attacks have homes here... its universal for all really established alliances to have a forum page but not hydra's zen for some damn reason that really isnt ever explained except that we dont have to and its useless which is what was dropped back in november when stardangos level of leadership was being tested because he wanted you guys to drop the game messages and bring the chatter here...

as for my problem i have been sick for over 2 years and this is supposed to be the tail end of my problems... i posted back in october that i was going in vmode in all my unis till i get well... at the time it was ok'd and that i would check back in to see what was going on and see what was going on... as you can see very much hasnt changed since then cause you guys think you own the power and thats funny as hell... you kick out 2 zen leaders for being sick (Pan and Gorku) and me for trying to get you here to show you guys what this is for... call me what you want but i only posted what was true and you know it... lack of knowledge is lod's biggest problem as i see it... if they would have joined the forum and checked in once in awhile we wouldnt be having to do this...

in reality all the answers are here in the posts... look for yourself and you will notice that we all here have knowledge of the game... we can help or destroy other alliances with what you can learn from all here... my specialty was being able to make friends with the power players and attack others... that and being a bounty hunter with my polish friends... they do run practically all unis and im friends with a majority of them in hydra...

so say what you want but i dont have anything else to say unless your to lazy to read and i will actually answer your questions... but then again tell me how in the world what i did deserved booting when what you lied about was only your strong point...
gorku
gorku
ZEN Leader,”Forum Master”

Number of posts : 1963
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

This Post is about ZEN leadership and its changes for the future! in all our chapters - Page 2 Empty Re: This Post is about ZEN leadership and its changes for the future! in all our chapters

Post by talbot Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 am

gorku as i explained to you personally i have played ogame nearly since its inception and played with some of the most powerfull alliances in the game.i have never run an alliance of my own and never really wanted to.i have held positions on councils and like yourself make friends very easily because i show respect to my fellow players.the point i tried to make to you and davey when we spoke was yes i understand the time some guys spend building and improving forums for their respective forums and yes if you read what i said i think out of respect you should join said forum which i did.i also tried to encourage all other members to join.but you of all people must have noticed the change of attitudes in new players so when i was asked to take leadership of hydra i tried to hold everyone together.unfortunately players are not so keen to visit forums in todays game because they are to busy playing multiple unis.sad i know but fact.i did not kick anyone who was in vmode and in my defence i did not post on the forum too regularly.also you could have kept me in the loop as to pan and yourself pan i knew nothing about bud but yes that is my fault and no one elses.i tried to talk with the guys and girls in the alliance but you have read their feelings.it was never my intention to over rule anyone and again as i stated never to use the ZEN NAME for my own purposes.my only intention was to keep the ZEN alliance together and strong.if my way of running the hydra chapter was against the ways of the ZEN leadership they could have stepped in at any time and told me personally . i am very disappointed it has come down to all this mud slinging but i am a 54 year old grandad and like yourself say what i think.
talbot
talbot
ZEN, Chapter Leader

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by LordOfDestruction Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:59 pm

This is what happens when a bunch of old has-beens who haven't played for years (if at least they had powerful accounts in hydra that would be understandable...) tries to enforce some sort of shady council to control a now-independent alliance from the backseat, trying to impose some rules of them, and this enforcement is done by a player who was inactive (going into v-mode only after a month and Talbot's warning) and for at least six months hasn't participated in the life of the alliance. Why doesn't the council comprise the representatives of ZEN frome each chapter?

In case you haven't noticed gorku, stardango was the only one who opposed using circulars as a means of social communication. If they are used, this means the alliance is alive. If someone doesn't like circulars, they can delete them. If they take up too much space, set the number of visible messages to 50. If you are afraid you have been raided 20 times when you see so many messages, look at your rank and you see all's fine. As for ACS and stuff, that's very beautiful picture you paint, but maybe only 5 players in our alliance have strength to crush any decent target. And most people don't even write circulars/pms, let alone post here on the forum. You can't expect newbies to be super enthusiastic about forum.

LordOfDestruction
Private
Private

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:02 am

understood and taken into broken brain cells... i think if you would have waited to get answers you would have found out that i do have a strong account and would have helped out when i got back... got a little pleab near my planets from gf and could wipe him clean out in days or straight to vmode... oh thats right not in any alliance anymore... and im strong...

(going into v-mode only after a month and Talbot's warning) what are you talking about??? never got a warning and was way into vmode before talbot took over but he new i was also opposed to your oposing of stardango... i voiced it then before i went in vmode because i just got hammered by some guy and recieved 6 moons for my 7 planets... i was asking for help and what happened... didnt get any because one reply stated that he would have helped when i posted the circ but he was busy trying to get through the crap posted in circs... thats why there was great upheavel try remembering that one and im the one sick...geez this is why im booted cause i raise common sense...

just so you know i got the dream job of developing games for a highly respected gaming company... at my age designing games you young guys play... man thats gotta suck... maybe someday you will understand that as old as i am i have skills... also i had some input on the new release of the walking dead game being released for play on facebook next month... guess what im gonna be playing soon...

also i am not going to wait for an apoligy for making fun of the fact i was sick... it just shows how disrespectful you are and you think its funny... man what world you live in must be full of healthy people and you throw away the sick or like you make fun of them... damn good thing i didnt have cancer cause i dont know what would have happened...
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmaster96 Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:21 pm

ello ello all

i just read some of the post and for what i have read it ture davy has left us and other oldder members are being yelled at for doing what they have always done played a game made friends and looked at the forums every now and then i know that i have been MIA for a long time but i am back and i know that i am i no right to say anything but i belive we need to set some rules around here soo we are not over ran by all the new idea and player comeing in and saying that all the old members are not following there own rules and we have a lost of another forum member and i belive be for we do anything we must fix the problems at hand and heal the new and old wounds caused by other members and saddly we must ...... we must make sure that davy place in the alliance as a forum master and leader of alot of chapters and i also belive that we must set some rules on who can start a new chapter in the zen allinace and hopefully we can put Zen back to its old lad back just a bunch of guys and girls playing a simple game makeing friends and haveing fun

it turely is sad that i have returned to see the allinace fall apart but now that i am here we must heal and fix the alliance

and one more thing i belive we must saddly change how the forums is being used and stop all this unwanted drama

this drew saying I AM BACK AND UNHAPPY WITH WHAT THE ALLINACE HAS COME TO!
Dmaster96
Dmaster96
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by IMADV8 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:25 pm

I was worried things would get to this point. Here's the deal: every single person in this topic needs to stop getting all offended and assuming malicious intent on the part of everyone else. This is all based on the simplest of misunderstandings, and the fact that we've allowed it to become such an issue is shameful.

Gorku, Davy, Duck, and others who feel that the new chapter was wrongfully created: realize that the creators had no idea that permission was necessary to create a new chapter. It's unlikely they had any idea of Zen's overall structure, so when they got permission from a current chapter leader to open one of their own, they had no reason to believe they needed anything else.

We did not make known to them beforehand the proper procedures for starting a new chapter. There is no post on this forum detailing that policy, or if there is it's buried under mountains of irrelevant info. This was a failure on our part. The fact that we didn't approach them with respect afterwards, explaining the issue and resolving it without treating them as enemies, was a further failure on our part, and has now resulted in a schism between old Zen and new.

To Kizzy, Halcyon, LordOfDestruction, and others who feel as though you have been attacked: I would like to apologize on behalf of the "Council", a name which I believe Davy just made up. Please understand that we hold no ill will towards you, no matter what some have said in this topic as tempers have flared. It has been a longstanding, though for the most part unwritten, rule of Zen that members may open new Zen chapters only with the approval of the older leaders. It thus came as a surprise to us when we discovered the existence of your chapter, and unfortunately some were quick to assume the worst of your intentions. This is likely due to a similar case in the past where there actually was some malicious intent, but that isn't an excuse for assuming anything about your intentions.

Had you known of and gone through the official process to create your chapter, however, I have little doubt you would have been approved and given full leader status here on the forum; thus, there is no reason you shouldn't have it now. I'm not even sure which of you is the leader, but let me know and I'll see that you're set up properly here on the forum.

The structure of Zen is thus, so you don't run into any further surprises:

First, there are the older leaders, such as myself and Davy. These are members who have led multiple chapters, have been with Zen for a long period of time, and have shown dedication to the alliance. We've never settled on an actual name for this group, as it just sort of fell into place over time, with no official creation. Davy tends to just call us whatever seems fitting at the moment, which is where the "council" name came from. Members of this group hold more of an elder statesman role than anything, and are thus considered equal to chapter leaders in most respects, with one key difference: they have authority to decide on major issues effecting the alliance as a whole. Including, as you've learned, the creation of new chapters.

Next are the chapter leaders and, when applicable, co-leaders. This is the group from which members of the first group are drawn. The name is rather self-explanatory: they lead their respective chapters, having final say in all issues within their universe(s). They also administrate their respective chapter forums.

Then there are the seconds, those who are second in command of their chapters. The actual rank name and responsibilities vary from chapter to chapter, but usually they'll also administrate their respective chapter forums.

There are usually middle-tier ranks and responsibilities below this that vary from chapter to chapter, as decided by each chapter leader.

Finally there is the general member pool, which forms the majority of the Zen population.

I genuinely believe that if everyone here would make a sincere attempt to understand the viewpoints of those on the opposite side of this issue, set aside the disrespect they have received, and simply try to treat each other as fellow alliance members, we can all come out of this with a stronger bond and alliance. It's up to each of you to make that happen, however; nothing will change if you wait for someone else to change it. Please, make this effort, for the sake of our alliance and each other.
IMADV8
IMADV8
ZEN Leader, “Forum Master & Diplomat”

Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Tue May 01, 2012 5:17 am

Tis the season of apologizing for me... I am sorry for t he stuff I had to do with this cause the pain that I have gone through the last 2 years and still going on... Yes I come on strong but I dont think of what to say politicly before my fingers take over... But that being said, Imad is correct and I said the right things but in a mean way... Been there done that...lol
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Sat May 05, 2012 7:26 pm

IMADV8 wrote:I was worried things would get to this point. Here's the deal: every single person in this topic needs to stop getting all offended and assuming malicious intent on the part of everyone else. This is all based on the simplest of misunderstandings, and the fact that we've allowed it to become such an issue is shameful.

Gorku, Davy, Duck, and others who feel that the new chapter was wrongfully created: realize that the creators had no idea that permission was necessary to create a new chapter. It's unlikely they had any idea of Zen's overall structure, so when they got permission from a current chapter leader to open one of their own, they had no reason to believe they needed anything else.

We did not make known to them beforehand the proper procedures for starting a new chapter. There is no post on this forum detailing that policy, or if there is it's buried under mountains of irrelevant info. This was a failure on our part. The fact that we didn't approach them with respect afterwards, explaining the issue and resolving it without treating them as enemies, was a further failure on our part, and has now resulted in a schism between old Zen and new.

To Kizzy, Halcyon, LordOfDestruction, and others who feel as though you have been attacked: I would like to apologize on behalf of the "Council", a name which I believe Davy just made up. Please understand that we hold no ill will towards you, no matter what some have said in this topic as tempers have flared. It has been a longstanding, though for the most part unwritten, rule of Zen that members may open new Zen chapters only with the approval of the older leaders. It thus came as a surprise to us when we discovered the existence of your chapter, and unfortunately some were quick to assume the worst of your intentions. This is likely due to a similar case in the past where there actually was some malicious intent, but that isn't an excuse for assuming anything about your intentions.

Had you known of and gone through the official process to create your chapter, however, I have little doubt you would have been approved and given full leader status here on the forum; thus, there is no reason you shouldn't have it now. I'm not even sure which of you is the leader, but let me know and I'll see that you're set up properly here on the forum.

The structure of Zen is thus, so you don't run into any further surprises:

First, there are the older leaders, such as myself and Davy. These are members who have led multiple chapters, have been with Zen for a long period of time, and have shown dedication to the alliance. We've never settled on an actual name for this group, as it just sort of fell into place over time, with no official creation. Davy tends to just call us whatever seems fitting at the moment, which is where the "council" name came from. Members of this group hold more of an elder statesman role than anything, and are thus considered equal to chapter leaders in most respects, with one key difference: they have authority to decide on major issues effecting the alliance as a whole. Including, as you've learned, the creation of new chapters.

Next are the chapter leaders and, when applicable, co-leaders. This is the group from which members of the first group are drawn. The name is rather self-explanatory: they lead their respective chapters, having final say in all issues within their universe(s). They also administrate their respective chapter forums.

Then there are the seconds, those who are second in command of their chapters. The actual rank name and responsibilities vary from chapter to chapter, but usually they'll also administrate their respective chapter forums.

There are usually middle-tier ranks and responsibilities below this that vary from chapter to chapter, as decided by each chapter leader.

Finally there is the general member pool, which forms the majority of the Zen population.

I genuinely believe that if everyone here would make a sincere attempt to understand the viewpoints of those on the opposite side of this issue, set aside the disrespect they have received, and simply try to treat each other as fellow alliance members, we can all come out of this with a stronger bond and alliance. It's up to each of you to make that happen, however; nothing will change if you wait for someone else to change it. Please, make this effort, for the sake of our alliance and each other.

The above information has my full support!

And for information on my v mode situation: I personally have been unwell, then working on moving home, with further delays to come on line due to several deaths in my family, then just a few weeks ago my mother had three hart attacks followed with an operation, she is in recovery mode and me in v mode, so sorry for my inactivity at this time!

As for all the universes i hold accounts in, let me clarify for you all! I set all the chapters up in the universes I am presently in , establishing them and holding them in good positions in the leader boards, once I did this I handed them over to new ZEN chapter leaders to run and maintain as integral ZEN chapters, while i remain in the universes and active in our forum as a ZEN leader, my V mode has no impact on the leaders appointed with there given task to run there individual chapters! show some maturity and be accountable for your own actions, an report your actions in the forum topics! and encourage your team members to use the forum! the Leaders in the Zen forum and the forum its self is the ZEN alliance, its the head of the ZEN chain! as i have stated many times i am in universe 35 as an active chapter member and in the forum As a ZEN leader, with shared responsibility with all the other long established Leaders, yes the ZEN Council, so don't try to undermine the council due to inactivity , as we have been active for years! your job is to run your chapters and be accountable to us as the Leaders of "ZEN" its a simple structure!

Kindest Regards
Davy
Stardango
Stardango

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kizzy Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 pm

thank you IMADV8, for your time taken into writing that reply, and for the explanation as to the hows and whys of the zen hierachy. this is the first time for ages that ive come back to this forum, after checking back a few times and finding no satisfactory explanation to the way our boys were treated.

still not sure how much of the old zen impacts on our alliance, i only know we have a real good one, with talbot as our leader, and some very good players,that also happen to be real nice people.

we do have gorku back with us again, and thats brill, as he know loads more about the game than some of us, well me lol....

anyways your reply was much appreciated

kizzy
kizzy
kizzy
ZEN, Chapter Leader

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Mon May 21, 2012 6:30 am

i guess i will be on my best behavior now... not really but since i have been back in the mood has changed a lot towards everything... its even better that there all looking foward to the merge... cant tell you haw many are actually staying together but we should still be a good tight alliance when it happens... will report back on that...
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmaster96 Thu May 24, 2012 3:27 am

OMFG guys Facebook made a ogame app and Facebook users play on actually ogame sever you know what that mean a lot of new players are going to be poping up here shortly what are we go to do about this ?
Dmaster96
Dmaster96
Commander
Commander

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Thu May 24, 2012 4:49 am

we either get them to join us or flat out destroy all that play that are noobs...lol its just another addition to the game that just doesnt want to die... it always slows down but they always come up- with something... heres to the genius that asked for the app to facebook... well theres been plenty of people that have asked about it and of course they were interested in doing it... heres to technology thats either brilliant or the dumbest move ever...lmao
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vader Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Now, this is awesome. Very Happy I was sure something like that would happen someday. So...is everything okay now? Who's leading the chapter in Uni 44?

Duck wrote:This forum is owned and run by one of those council members.
I loved hearing that even though I don't run it but own it. Razz Thanks to IMADV8 for clearing things up and calming the atmosphere with his extremely long post. Very Happy

I think that every Leader should have a place in the council but that...they must post here first before starting a new chapter. I even thought about chaging my alliance named Ogri in Mizar to Zen but I would never have done it without announcing it here first. We should make a kind of 'Registration Sheet' for that.

Lord Vader
Lord Vader
ZEN “Founder and Supreme Leader”

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://zenalliance.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:07 am

thats a good idea there bub... do it like davy did with by changing the alliance name but keeping your fantastic ogri chapter...
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Vader Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Smile I'll think about it because i've done lots of efforts for the creation of the forum Razz Created all the emoticons etc etc Very Happy I even showed my girlfriend how to play ogame and she's almost beating me Very Happy
Lord Vader
Lord Vader
ZEN “Founder and Supreme Leader”

Number of posts : 2055
Registration date : 2008-09-26

http://zenalliance.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:37 am

no way... you taught her your tricks of the game??? you deserve the butt whooping...lol good to see new peeps in the game... i often get new guys to join but they always pick the wrong unis...lol
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:59 pm

gorku wrote:no way... you taught her your tricks of the game??? you deserve the butt whooping...lol good to see new peeps in the game... i often get new guys to join but they always pick the wrong unis...lol

I like it Guys! very funny a woman taking over lol
Stardango
Stardango

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:45 am

notice vader hasnt said much since he let the cat out of the bag...
gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:20 am

gorku wrote:notice vader hasnt said much since he let the cat out of the bag...

I am sure in due course he or she will post about the changes and her advancements, Mr & Ms Vader.com lol
Stardango
Stardango

Back to top Go down

Post by gorku Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:51 pm

just waiting for that day...lol

gorku
gorku

Back to top Go down

Post by Stardango Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:02 pm

gorku wrote:just waiting for that day...lol

Somtimes the day comes and it shows little change! However we can hope and pray!
Stardango
Stardango

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum