Zen Alliance

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zen Alliance
Zen Alliance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

killing a turtle

3 posters

Go down

killing a turtle Empty killing a turtle

Post by mordred Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 am

so theres this turtle player near me and i have no clue on how i can kill him. ive got interplanetary missiles building and will launch to kill defenses but other than that i dont know what to do.

hes also so strong that i can barley get an espionage report

so if i send enough to kill rockets and such what else would i need to do other than kill fleet
mordred
mordred
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

killing a turtle Empty Re: killing a turtle

Post by subsailor Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:50 pm

You need to know his defenses. If you're serious about this, you can get a successful spy report by sending more probes (see http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Espionage). You overcome him having higher Espionage Technology by sending larger numbers of probes. Yes, you're going to waste probes. That's what it takes.

Now, once you have a fully accurate reading on him, you determine how many IPM's it will take to knock his defenses down to a level your kill fleet can handle and still make a profit. Use SpeedSim (http://websim.speedsim.net). It can calculate IPM attacks, as well. Remember, if he has ABM's, you will have to take them out one-by-one (one IPM takes out one ABM) before you start hitting his other defenses. If he's got a lot of ABM's, this could get expensive. On SpeedSim, once you simulate the IPM attack, click "Prepare Next Wave" to have it fill in the remaining defenses to actually simulate the hit. Also, after you simulate the hit (not the IPM strike, but the raid itself) you can hit "Show Balance" and it will tell you if it's profitable (if you have negative numbers for resources gained, it means you spent more to take him out than you made in raided resources).

It may be worth having other members assist you if he's too tough to take on your own. Spread the cost, spread the wealth. And if you knock out his defenses with IPM's, they don't regenerate, so you can have a relatively undefended farm for as long as it takes him to rebuild defense, so even if the initial hit isn't profitable, in the short term subsequent hits might be.

I am a bit of a turtle on my homeworld, and I guard against attack with 20 ABM's and 500 Plasma Turrets, 500 Gauss Cannons, 1000 of everything else, and 10,000 Rocket Launchers. I make it VERY expensive to hit me. The last successful hit took several thousand attacking ships (he was hitting my fleet, mainly, as I still had tons of defense when he was done...I messed up a fleetsave). So this guy might be of the same philosophy, in which case cracking him might be very costly.

Where is he? If he's close to 4:317 I have a moderate fleet and two Deathstars that could help.
subsailor
subsailor
ZEN Leader,”Forum Master”

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.robschumacher.net

Back to top Go down

Post by shortybob Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:05 pm

i say use sims to figure if you should attack, and its all about profit man but alot of the time you just break even if the def is massive.

shortybob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by mordred Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 pm

5:297:5 and 5:297:6 this guy has in total about 4mill metal 2 mill cystal and 1 mill deut
mordred
mordred
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by subsailor Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Those two planets are defended to the teeth. One has 60 ABM's, the other has 20 ABM's. Lots of defense under those, as well.

The reports are in Galaxytool. I probed all three of his planets in 5:297. The third has little defense, but little in the way of resources to raid. The other two have stiff defense.

Sim them out and see what it would take...

subsailor
subsailor
ZEN Leader,”Forum Master”

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-08-12

http://www.robschumacher.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mordred Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:07 am

ok i simed it and it seems once the rockets are gone its almost absolute win. 60 rockets to kill all defences
mordred
mordred
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: